PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entering the UK, private aircraft, with dog - prohibited?
Old 20th Mar 2019, 14:15
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Rutherford
Somebody sent me an email telling me that it was no longer possible to bring a dog into the UK on a private plane - I was surprised but have zero experience of transporting pets.

Is that the case?

Thanks, Sam.
Assuming you mean from the EU then as of today pet passport from the EU is still possible but only along approved routes and with approved carriers (UK govt approved routes / carriers).

In the event of a no-deal Brexit next week then all these routes become void and full export / import rules apply... Which for the animal alone take four months to comply with, restrict you to designated points of entry and exit (more restrictive than the above list) and basically means you had to start applying in November for travel next week and if you apply today the earliest you can travel is in July.

I would not be taking a pet pooch across any UK / EU border for a holiday until this mess is sorted out one way or another.

Edit to add: on re-reading your post I'm not sure if by private you mean charter or proper "private" so for clarity it has never been possible for a private aircraft to bring a dog (cat or ferret) into the UK from anywhere other than Ireland / CI or IOM.

And the approved points of entry for non pet-passport are currently :

Biggin Hill
Leeds Bradford International
Heathrow
Gatwick
Luton
Oxford
Manchester

Last edited by Daysleeper; 20th Mar 2019 at 14:28.