PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to fan the passion at a young age
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2019, 06:13
Cralis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jonkster
Not sure where in Oz you are but at the aerodrome I work at there is an active Air League operation that includes flight training and also air experience camps for their members.

One thing you could sus out is maybe getting her some air experience for her - many schools would be happy to do a trial instructional flight with a youngster keen to fly - there is no actual minimum age in Oz to do flying training (although if you do start too early the problem is you may get overcooked as you cannot go solo until 15). Many pilots can trace the start of their passion to a flight in a light aircraft as a child.

The next generation of people in aviation always needs to be encouraged, potentially as future pilots, engineers, designers or whatever. If she has a passion, indulge it!
Thanks jonkster. We're up in Brisbane, and it seems like the same thing, the Air League. I'll keep that up. She actually turns 9 in a few days, but way to early for anything serious.
I might take her to a few fields around Brisbane throughout the year - see things up close. If she enjoyed an outing, I'd do it again, until she shows signs of not enjoying it. If she continues, then .. I'll continue.

Here she is playing about: