PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 19th Mar 2019, 14:17
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captainspeaking
I don't understand why there is a problem with the Channel jets flights; they have a Guernsey AOC.
N registered aircraft do not fly on Guernsey, EASA or even Mongolian AOC's, and this one isn't even covered by FAA Part 135 operation, therefore there is a problem with it operating for charter. The difference is between management of an aircraft and it being on an AOC. Where I work we have and AOC and manage aircraft on it, we also manage on behalf of owners aircraft both UK and foreign registered that are flown purely for the use of the owners. A couple of times we've found things arranged by the owners we've found either iffy, or just plane wrong. A brief chat with the owner along the lines of "you are risking our AOC, and our crew, please stop, or take your aircraft elsewhere" usually works, but I have gone as far as reporting an owner to the CAA and the authority in the state of registration.

SND