PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol-5
Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2019, 08:49
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading the last few posts with great interest as a mainly BHX but occasional BRS user.

BHX has multiple daily connections with LH, SN, LX, SK, AF, KL, EI plus of course TK, EK and QR. However, we have no non stop flights to Lisbon, Seville, Valencia, Gibraltar, Athens, indeed many other European cities that BRS boasts on its departure boards.

BRS meanwhile is entirely the opposite. It has flights to a much wider range of European cities than BHX but now only has KL and maybe SN from May for worldwide connections.

It seems like the airlines over the years have, aside from the operational issues for EK/QR, decided BHX is a 'legacy' airport and BRS a much better and more year round P2P city/leisure break destination airport?

Having said that I am surprises TK haven't started at BRS yet.

My own BRS usage happens when I can't fly non-stop from BHX or when price is so competitive it makes the longer journey to BRS worth my while. I know of a fair few people who do the same who live in Warwickshire and Worcestershire.

Perhaps LM will take up the slack but I read somewhere (I think on the NCL thread) they are not going to (or can't?) codeshare with *A which means these would be solely P2P routes and not therefore as viable? Just my thoughts.