View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2019, 23:02
Hussar 54

Originally Posted by Steepclimb View Post
Nonsense the UK was part of the big three in the EU and often the brake of some of the nuttier notions of the EU.

Why on Earth do you think the Poles and the rest of the people you mention were drawn to the UK? Jobs, opportunity, English speaking. A land of opportunity. A tolerant society where people who are prepared to work hard can succeed. Do you honestly believe all those immigrants are living on the dole?

It seems you think that being perceived as a country where hard work is rewarded is a bad thing.

You are a victim of the Euroskeptic false news perpetrated by the likes of of Johnson and Farage.

You are also a victim of thinking that that the EU is some form of massive plot or conspiracy to somehow get at the British. Really? You seem intelligent so does that even make sense? The evil EU out to get the British.

Get real please.
I think you misunderstand me - the recent wave of EU immigrants have undoubtedly NOT gone to the UK for an easy life on Social Security. They went because there were jobs and opportunities available in the UK when there was huge unemployment, particularly youth unemployment, in most other EU member countries.

But with the UK usually running in an opposite economic cycle.to the Eurozone, and the EU's natural emphasis on ensuring that the good health of the Eurozone members is more important than anything happening in or affecting the UK, then the UK's importance to the overall EU Project has become increasingly unimportant the past 15 years or so - but not so its contributions, of course.

And as for the fanatical federalism - I'll disagree with you. Absolutely nothing has been, could be and would be prevented by the UK.'s membership of the EU.

Last edited by Hussar 54; 18th Mar 2019 at 23:44. Reason: incomplete - don't know why a sentence was omitted