PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FLCH
Thread: FLCH
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2019, 03:03
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Capn. B
Please make up your mind. In response to my question, you said it was the second post that was “a stupid idea, period”. With the dubious nature of your assertion queried, you are now claiming reference to the first post.

I have no problem and no shame in defending a sound design that when used in accordance with the FCOM, and proven SOP’s, is a good and reliable bit of kit.
I do however, have difficulties with any person who, whether through ignorance or deliberate will, fails to follow those procedures, and gets themselves into strife.
In the case of the former, the training/checking establishment should have a case to answer.
In the case of the latter; if you want to venture into test pilot territory, be aware of the risks, and it’s all on your head when it bites you.

Your comment regarding stall and A/T non response is, to the best of my knowledge and experience, without foundation or substance. When operated in accordance with FCOM the A/T will wake up when required.

If you are aware of a circumstance where an A/T will not/has not woken up, having followed FCOM procedure and approved SOP’s, please enlighten us.

You, as an experienced aviator, would be aware of many things occurring that invoke the question “why would he/she do that”.
“Because he/she CAN”, is not an appropriate rationale.

How far do you expect the manufacturers to go, to cover all possibilities of deliberate or ignorant mishandling?
Would we ever have a new aircraft, with an industry philosophy of full idiot proofing.

The query re the 717 was because I understood that you operate one, and I am curious to know whether or not the IAS hold function was carried over from the MD80 series.

Maui

Last edited by maui; 18th Mar 2019 at 05:20.