PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sexual Equality
Thread: Sexual Equality
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 23:53
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by whatsforlunch

So I would like to ask both the DPA and the AOA to take the company to task on this document they sent through to us. What are they implying about the male pilots that work for them? Let’s make them be a TRUE equal opportunities employer before they demand their male employees to sign their document.
At the last DPA AGM, a single female pilot was in attendance. She is a respected colleague and probably features in all the company fanfare ( which I don't read ). I mentioned the disappointing union participation rate to her and she was in agreement. It's time we had a female on the DPA committee.

I do wonder cynically, if the push from the corporate dominated male world, to actively seek higher numbers of female pilots in the ranks is because there is science they are more industrially pliable? Otherwise, where's the money in it for them?

I'm a big ally of young females entering aviation and will happily encourage my daughters pursuit of recreational aviation. Though I hope there's no interest in commercial aviation as it's so unhealthy.

A few times a month, I'm the only male crew member on a wide-body aircraft, which is odd in this day and age and I wonder if there's discrimination against Chinese men in the pursuit of their cabin attendant dreams?

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 18th Mar 2019 at 05:56.