PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim Eval Practice
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 23:51
Porterboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Banana Joe
What matters is the flight model.
That is precisely why I wouldn't want to use it if it runs on FSX. As an avid PC simmer myself, I know it's got it's limitations in terms of flight dynamics and I wouldn't trust it to replicate real world handling qualities.

Originally Posted by +TSRA
The evaluator will know that you've never flown a jet before so that they will be looking for progress throughout the evaluation. We don't look for perfect performance so don't waste your money. You're better off putting your money into buying and reading Handling the Big Jets or Mechanics of Flight, or some other advanced text.
Thank you I appreciate the insight. Makes me feel a little less nervous. I bought the Handling the Big Jets book and I'm super happy with it. Great book!

Originally Posted by J.O.

There’s some sound advice here already, but if you’re serious about that 747 simulator, it is in Abbotsford, about an hour outside of Vancouver. Some info can be found here but the website they list doesn’t work.

https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Pi...ed-Flight-Inc.
That's the one! I wonder if they've gone out of business. No website and their facebook hasn't been updated since 2010. Either way, I will take TSRA's great advice and save my money.