PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 21:02
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I don’t have 6 months validity on my PPC/IR, medical etc , is that going to be a problem? Because if I start my application today and get interviewed say in June, then 2 odd months before I get the results....I won’t have the 6 months , maybe 4.

The status of your current medical is irrelevant, they will make you take a NASA style medical regardless.

Also I have been reading about medical stuff. I have undergone laser surgery on my eyes, is that a fail? Also this balance test they have, I tried to balance on one leg with hands out...I can barely manage a few seconds. Is that a fail?

Laser Eye Surgery is now an approved procedure by JCAB, you have to fill out some forms and go through additional eye test but it is accepted now.
About the balance test, maybe someone who has gone through an Initial medical recently can chime in but the last time I did it was with a machine, they had me step on a disc on the floor that measures the pressure as you balance and they didn't have me stand on one foot. Hopefully someone else can shed some light.