PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Descent profile when cleared for an ILS approach?
Old 17th Mar 2019, 14:15
RMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How unprofessional is this

just got back from LAX with the same Captain who prompted this thread by arming the 25 L glide slope at 40 miles AT ISA PLUS 15 oblivious to the fact that by descending on the glide below minimum altitudes we were reducing separation with the massive amount of GA traffic below.

in the cruise we briefed LAX he says he is going to arm the glide slope at 40 miles again. I pointed out that taking us below class B airspace on this procedure would be a violation.......his response fine I’ll arm the glide slope anyway and you can request a visual approach to make it legal.

This may technically be legal by placing the responsibility for separation onto us ......but how stupid to suggest take a 787 with a ground speed of 300 knots through one of the busiest GA area during the weekend peak.

As well as your thoughts on this if anyone has any info on the nature type and vertical extent of the associated airspace I’d be grateful for that also.

we didn’t end up doing it btw.

check airman your link doesn’t work now....any chance you have another.Thanks