PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VfrFlight - new free VFR flight planner
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 13:01
Alus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Import and export of flight plans as GPX routes

Hi All,

I recently found this application: VfrFlight planning software which I found very useful and well done.
I wanted to suggest a new (very simple but useful) feature but I'm currently unable to contact Lukasz, the support page of his website doesn't work, the same the FB page (also on this forum his mailbox seems full) so now I'm trying to write here hoping that he can get this message.

I fly gliders and ultralight planes and I also worked on some open source software for flying (a flight navigator "AirNavigator" for TomTom devices and a airspace converter) as hobby but mostly on LK8000 which is meant for gliding but I made modifications to make it usable also on powered flights, in particular the possibility to load GPX flight plans (GPX routes) and all the guidance to fly the route with an HSI screen etc.
So what I'm missing in VfrFlight software is the possibility to export and import GPX route files, therefore I wrote a really simple program in Java to do this conversion in both directions, but I think it would be simply great if VfrFlight could do it directly.
I would be more than happy to share this application with you but being a new user I can't post links. I would be also happy to share the sources and to have this feature directly integrated in VfrFlight.
This would be a very useful feature: hundreds of GA pilots using LK8000 will then have the possibility to use also VfrFlight to plan their flights!

Cheers,

Alberto