PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Why Robinson helicopters seem to have a bad habit of crashing"
Old 17th Mar 2019, 12:36
SASless

Received 511 Likes on 213 Posts
Evil.....I have no monopoly on knowledge and experience as there is plenty of that amongst the many who attend this Forum.

I do enjoy asking questions to see if it might lead to a discussion that benefits those who might be benefited by that discussion.

Care to give us your view of why it is Robinson that has what appears to be an odd approach in the topics they choose for their Safety Notices?

I recall Bell did something similar when they invented the "LTE" thing when they were producing Helicopters with tail rotors that provided too little thrust.

Sikorsky did something similar when the S-58T had a thing called "Tail Rotor Buzz".

Airbus had done something about the Hydraulic system on the 350 as I recall.

But in those cases.....those "Safety Notices" applied to a single topic that was narrowly focused upon one thing.

Why does Robinson appear to be trying to imitate a Flight Safety Organization's scope of Safety Notices?

Did they see a need based upon incidents that occurred in their Helicopters.....or are they just trying to be proactive in advancing helicopter flight safety in general?