PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2019, 02:39
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@WingMan1903: As for Aviation Exam in General Navigation it helped me in the way that I could practice questions with calculations that were not in the Bristol question bank. I did not memorize the questions from Aviation Exam cause its pointless in subjects where you can calculate the answers and its very easy for EASA to change the numbers each year so the answers will be different. But training with Aviation Exam helped me to solve the calculations much quicker and be sure that I do it in the correct way.

As for subjects where you actually can remember questions from your training cause they ask about information and not to calculate then for VFR and IFR comms there was about 30 % unknown questions but they were easy and similar to those in Aviation Exam so it went well. As for Human Performance I trained with both AviationExam and Atpl question and when I got my questions there were about 75 % or 80 % known questions so I passed the exam with ease. But it was maybe just good luck, since if you have perfect luck you can actually draw 100 % known questions since the old questions are still used for the exams together with the new ones.

As for jeppesen manual I have not used it to train since Aviation Exam give you pictures of charts for the plotting questions. At the exam you are not allowed to bring your own charts so you have to use those that the have printed already or if your question ask you about a different chart you have to ask them to print it for you when you check the attachment and see what chart you need.

Right now I am re-reading Bristol theory about Radio Navigation and then doing the questions in Aviation Exam and ATPL question to see what I already understand and what to work more with or memorize better. I plan to pass Radio Navigation, Instruments, Operational Procedures and Air Law in the April session (my second one). Then I believe most work will be required for Principles of Flight, Flight Planning and Monitoring, Performance + Mass and Balance which I will do in May and finish with Airframes and Systems + Meteorology in June. So all will be done in 4 sessions, and in case something extraordinary happens (I hope not) I got 2 spare sessions left.

Good luck with your Exams!