PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S grounds ALL 737 Max
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 20:53
CaptainMongo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some on this thread point to a Boeing conspiracy to willfully put into operation an unsafe aircraft

I find it hard to believe every individual involved in the Max program, from designer to operator, would engage in a conspiracy of silence allowing and condoning Boeing to put out an unsafe aircraft.

Every Boeing design engineer, programmer, supervisor, and test pilot coupled with every FAA official conspired to purposefully put to market an unsafe aircraft? Every major airline which accepted the aircraft purposefully and ignorantly accepted the aircraft and training plan as designed by Boeing?

I am not referring to airlines which don’t have the financial wherewithal and deep historical training expertise in operating the 737, I am referring to the SWA, AA, UAL’s (apology’s to international operators which have commensurate expertise) which accepted on blind faith Boeing’s plan.

And then let’s not leave out the pilots unions. ALPA, the most powerful pilots union in the history of commercial aviation (of which I am a proud member) APA, SWAPA all have robust safety and training committees. Did they fail due diligence, were they also complicit in the Max coming to operation purposefully overlooking obvious aircraft and training flaws? Did the Standards Captains, the Line Check Airmen, and pilot instructors at those airlines also engage in a willful conspiracy of ignorance and silence?

I am not by any stretch excusing or absolving Boeing, the FAA, the airlines, the unions or the supervisory pilots (who should know better) I am merely stating to believe a few executives at Boeing could alone get away with producing and deploying an unsafe aircraft requires a willing belief in a improbable widespread conspiracy - from producer to regulator to airline to hands on (pilot) operator.