PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AoA relation to elevator feel on 737Max?
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 05:59
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FGD135
Surely the only inputs to the stick force would be the elevator/stab "misalignment" and the dynamic pressure (q). I cannot see how AoA could make a useful contribution to the stick force calculation.

When I say "elevator/stab misalignment", I am referring to the the angular difference between the stab and elevator positions. When those two are aligned, the stick force is zero. Push or pull the column slightly, however, and there is then a slight misalignment - with consequent opposing stick force (of magnitude equal to the product of the angle and the dynamic pressure (q)).

Note that the stick force resists the movement of the column away from the centered (neutral) position.

This is my understanding of how it all works. I cannot see any other way that it could work.
Consider when the horizontal stabilizer has bdeen tileted leading edge up say 10 degrees at 200 mph. This via aa long ( fuselage ) leverr arm pushes the nose down. to get the nose to go up, one must overcome the air pressure at 100 mph ( stick your hand out the window at 50 mph and feel how hard to tilt with fingeers closed ) to move the stabilizer down to zero ( in line to airflow and then perhaps a further 10 degrees down so as to push nose UP. Now remember the plane has a systtem to make it harder to move the stabilizer further up or down ...

The above is a very ovder simplified description of the problem

have a good evening