PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 04:58
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gottofly
Hello All,

Will appreciate some guidance :

Are the Sim practice sessions worth paying for? How much do they cost and how many sessions are usually recommended before ones assessment?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

gottofly
That in fact is a subjective question and has been asked here many times so I'll give you the same answer I've been giving for a decade!

It depends..., the 76 is an older lady and she doesn't have the nice features in flight characteristic that some of you are used to, like changes in pitch when you change power settings, yes folks! Airplanes didn't use to stay at the same bank angle until you changed it, you have to deal with the thing ballooning when you add flaps! I know it sounds strange but that is how airplanes use to behave in yesteryear!

Ok, This is me making fun at the fact that lately I'm the oldest one on the GD! But it is along the lines of the answer!

if you have been flying a full glass, Fly by Wire contraption and you have little or no experience with steam gauges then I would definitely recommend some sim time because the place to realize that you have no idea what you are looking at is not during the evaluation!

Now, if you have been flying another "Historic" machine and you are used to blended instruments, or even better, are used to an airplane raining inside after you have gone through a rain shower! Then you are better off spending your time learning the pitch and power settings that come in your interview package! She flies like what you are used to.

good luck!