PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCAS ALTITUDE V ATTITUDE ??
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2019, 03:40
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CURRENT - 833 PM SEATTLE TIME
BA plans to provide software fix within about 10 days and mandate installation. Then after a test flight- plane can be returned to service ! meanwhile the FAA and Boeing are going rounds as to type and kind and level of ' training ' on the ' new' software/system/ effects shall be required. !

The above is a paraphrase of the news release by a few ' sources'

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/...e-fix-14897876

[QUOTE]Boeing Co. (BA
- Get Report) shares rose Friday following a report that that planemaker is set to roll out a software upgrade to address safety issues linked to the grounded 737 MAX series.France's AFP news agency said the rollout, which will come in the next ten days, would focus on the MAX's automatic stall-prevention system that was linked to the Lion Air crash in Indonesia, but has not yet been proven to have caused Sunday's Ethiopian Airlines ET 302 disaster. Reuters reported Friday, however, that the timeline for the software fix "has not changed" and will be installed "in the coming weeks".Boeing shares were marked 1.52% higher Friday to close at $378.99 each.

[QUOTE]

I'm simply reporting- I'm sure within a few hours or less, more details will be available-

IMHO- while FAA may allow this in the U.S- I doubt anyone else will . but I'm just a poor SLF retired mechanical injun ear from BA and not an aeronautical whiz bang at all- Not even a microsoft simulator player .