PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCAS ALTITUDE V ATTITUDE ??
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 21:48
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

O.K., Vessbot. Show us the source code that uses altitude to determine the AoA and not the Mach value/gain for the application of trim value, rate and such.[/SPOILER]
Our post crossed, and I am glad FC clarified my original understanding of the activation criteria. No hard feelings. None, nada, no-way dot com.

The available documents show AoA as the main driver once flaps up, and Mach determines the gains that the FCC uses to move the stab. FCeng84 has explained this before, as has Bjorn. Being the all around good guy that I am, I can stand to be corrected if I misinterpreted our documentation.. Heh heh.

The problem is aerodynamic, and then a kludge sfwe fix by Boeing that is poorly understood , even by pilots flying the plane, will now open the door for billions of $$$$ that Boeing will have to payout. Hell,if I was flying that plane and having over a hundred folks depending upon me to visit Aunt Clara, I might file a suit myself.

Gums bitches.....

Last edited by gums; 16th Mar 2019 at 02:49. Reason: redaction due to cross posting and expert testimony