PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Notes from Heli-Expo 2019
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 21:23
FH1100 Pilot

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Wow Pat, you got to hang out with way cooler people than I did! No, I take that back, I wouldn't trade Brandon and Nate for anyone, even the Kings - who by the way almost ran me over at the show. I rounded a corner and here they come! They were charging along on those short little legs like the place was on fire. I started to say, "Oh, you're John and Mar..." but they brushed past me like Lady Gaga dodges the paparazzi going into the club. I was, like, was it something I said? (I think John had to pee really bad or something, I don't know. Either that or Martha forgot that they left the Falcon running out at DeKalb Field.) Anyway, they didn't even slow down. So I snubbed them! I said, "The heck with you Kings! You know, that's only a name, you're not really royalty!" But I don't think they heard me. So I looked for someone else to pester. I thought I saw Matty Z., but maybe not...whoever it was, he saw me and quickly ducked behind a curtain with one of the many geisha girls that were inexplicably roaming around, looking to make a quick buck. Ah but wait...there's Chuck Aaron! He couldn't escape.

At Der Biergarten we also had one of those ginormous Riesenbretzels and an order of them Reuben Rolls. Oh God was it good!. I forget which beer we were drinking...some heferweisenkanerspaten… After the fourth one, who cared anyway? I was glad I wasn't driving! Oh wait...maybe I did drive home, come to think of it, I forget. I thought about just ordering a salad, because I'm watching my figure (watching it expand, that is). But then I remembered that I actually have a penis and that dieting is for chicks. So I had the Saurbraten, which was awesome. No wonder Germans are so...err...bulky. I could (and should!) live in Germany if they actually eat like that all the time. Brandon had some Bratwurst platter that looked delicious. Every time the (decidedly un-German) waitress came over and asked how everything was, Brandon would say, "It's der vurst!" She'd roll her eyes and smile and pretend she hadn't heard that "joke" a million times. Today.

I'm actually looking forward to going to Heli-Expo next year in California. Not for the helicopters but for the food. Probably some really good eating out there in L.A. Here in Pensacola, Florida our selection of restaurants is really pitiful.

Last edited by FH1100 Pilot; 15th Mar 2019 at 22:14.