PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Notes from Heli-Expo 2019
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 11:05
500 Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FH1100 Pilot
I was talking casually with a guy at the Van Horn Aviation booth about the blades they make for the 206. I haven't flown a ship with the Van Horn blades yet, but both guys I was with had. The discussion was really interesting! The Van Horn blades really do change the flying qualities of the 206, and some pilots (ag pilots, particularly) sometimes have trouble adapting. Since we weren't customers per se, I didn't want to monopolize the guy's time. So I introduced myself as we departed. And he goes, "Nice to meet you, I'm Jim Van Horn." And I was, like, well it was one of those times that leave me momentarily speechless. The man himself! You never know who you're talking to at these conventions! ;-)

I had the pleasure of meeting Jim Van Horn and getting a tour of his facility in Phoenix last year. A very nice gentleman and a fascinating place to visit. He was one of the main men behind the development of the NOTAR system and had some fascinating things to say about it and many other things.

500 Fan.