PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2019, 09:33
shamrock7seal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks MARKEYD

On the negative side I am surprised that Malaga and Faro can't support more frequency in the winter and I am surprised that Girona (or Barcelona itself) doesn't seem to be returning in winter. A big proportion of Girona passengers originate in Spain and demand to this route was once very high, over 100,000 annually. Having said that, it seems that Ryanair have radically reduced their operation in Girona over the winter with hardly any services from there. This indicates it may not be a Bournemouth demand problem but rather an airport deal/relationship issue.

Bournemouth still has a lot of winter season gaps in the network that used to be operated for many years prior. These include Chambery, Innsbruck, Larnaca, Enfidha, Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Funchal, Fuerteventura and more regular services to Barbados - nothing to do with Ryanair of course.

For summer, I think that Ryanair could easily revisit some of their previously operated services such as Frankfurt - remember Hahn used to be operated daily? There must be demand for a lower frequency service directly into Frankfurt rather than Hahn. Same could be said for Glasgow instead of Prestwick - which used to be operated double daily by 737-800!