PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2019, 22:16
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@WingMan1903: As for the General Navigation I learned the stuff from Bristol and Aviation Exam was helpful cause they had a lot of questions unknown to me where I could test my knowledge and see if I do the stuff correctly. Plus of course those very few theoretical questions were helpful especially to learn how the question creators are sometimes trying to trick you when in a hurry wanting to answer quickly to have more time for calculations. There are also some old questions that can appear still on real exams that are seriously tricky for example you get a VOR no radial and you are asked which other VOR is 185 NM away. If you make a circle of 185 NM a very accurate one like Aviation Exam explainers did it hits 3 of the VORs so you will not do it more accurate on the timed exam..... so knowing its KIRKWALL can help in case you draw one of those old questions. The new ones are probably more quality checked and not created just to make you get a wrong answer (without your fault in it).

The thing you must be aware of is that you will use a lot of more time than doing exam with 60 questions in Aviation Exam. Cause I did them in like 1 h 45 min. In the real exam your PC may hang up for like 30 secs on some questions losing 2 mins for you, then you need to get the attachments from the exam supervisors and it can take many precious minutes. Then from human factors we know that excessive stress cause performance to deteriorate. So due to those reasons I had to guess the last 4 questions (ofc. wrong guess) and received 85 % if I did not calculate almost all the rest of the stuff correctly it could have been a failure. Maybe without losing time on the PC and charts the result would be over 90 % like I hope to achieve as average from the 14 exams. But now a days probably a first time pass is hopefully good enough to get invited by the airlines for interviews.