PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 14th Mar 2019, 03:30
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
I did receive a letter from the Council in relation to this issue. Here is the wording:

“Dear Mr Smith

Letter to Mayor Smith: 24 hour notice requirement

Thank you for your email to the Mayor of 24 January 2019 regarding the 24 hour notice requirement for landing approval.

At its meeting held 27 November 2017, Council resolved to support the Warnervale Restrictions Act (WAR Act) 1996. In response, staff have recently implemented a requirement for itinerant aircraft to provide at least 24 hours’ notice prior to wanting to land and/take-off from Warnervale Airport.

Council understands that there are instances where it is not possible to provide 24 hours’ notice and in those cases the request has been accommodated.

Council is aware that pilots are trained to land at any airport in an emergency and legally able to do so. The ERSA entry does not remove this provision but aims to best manage aircraft movements in accordance with the Council resolution and the Warnervale Airport Restrictions Act 1996.”
So from what I can read from this, whilst they prefer 24 hours’ notice, if you happen to be flying up the coast and want to land and spend some money there, there is a good chance you will be allowed to land! Simply ring the ARO I would presume.

Of course, if the weather is bad, remember “Don’t push it, land it.”

By the way, to land a Cessna Caravan there costs $91.68, so you have been warned!