PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hurn Airport (or Bournemouth if you insist)
Old 13th Mar 2019, 23:37
Nostalgia19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Hurn Airport searches

Good evening, I have only just been able to access this site as I have been seriously ill for a long time. However, I was intrigued as my late grandfather, my late uncle & my elderly uncle all worked at Hurn airport. My late uncle died of an accident many years ago, when there was no H & S in force & he had just returned from his first foreign holiday & was called in to acess an emergency with the engine of a plane & fell off the wing to his death some 60ft. He was so well thought of that at his memorium service in Christchurch there was over 60 wreaths in dedication to his memory. he had also previously been in action in the Navy. My grandfather (uncle's father) also worked at Hurn & my present Uncle who is still alive, but much younger than his other siblings was an engineer. I am about to have some treatment,but when I return I hope to be able to give more information & some old photos, which some may find interesting -at the moment the pics are in the loft stored,so its a matter of getting someone to root around for them-I know that I have some great old photos of Hurn going back to the early 1900's, if anyone is interested. Kind regards, Nostalgia19