PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 13th Mar 2019, 21:45
alfaman

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronus
If you were to read post no 1689, you may perhaps be persuaded to change your mind.
Here is an extract from the link in that post.
"I recognise the concerns expressed by my hon. Friend the Member for Bosworth. It may well be necessary to ensure that people are properly covered when they go flying. An element of caveat emptor is involved. Someone who is not a pilot and goes private flying should first check whether the pilot is insured and that they are not invalidating their own insurance cover. If a company hires an aeroplane to someone, it has a responsibility to ensure that that person is competent and has the necessary insurance cover. I should like to see common sense applied to those matters rather than further regulation.

All of us who are engaged in aviation in Britain know that the number one priority is safety, the number two priority is safety and the number three priority is safety. The Royal Air Force trained me, and I can assure my hon. Friend that safety is the number one interest of all of us engaged in aviation, because our lives are at risk."

The above are the words of Gerald Howarth.
Not really: that's dated 8th May 2001 - it's a fine piece of parliamentary debate, & sound words by Mr Howarth, but Shapps wasn't a member of parliament until May 2005, so what has it to do with him?