PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Exams under Polish CAA
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2019, 12:58
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just started, first I did General Navigation so question bank was just to be sure I know how to calculate everything. No point learning the numbers in the questions so I do not know how much unknown questions there was but the system got stuck 4 times so I lost like 3 minutes on this. And no pre printed map was useful for chart questions so I had to wait for the exam supervisors to get me the proper maps printed. I took another 5 minutes. So had too little time for the exam and it all ended with just 85 % (but passed is passed ).

As for the next easier exams I did comms VFR and IFR its easy either way but I noticed that more than 25 % of the questions were new absolutely not like in Aviation Exam (happily its easy so got 95,83 % on both either way). And Bristol is good to learn the stuff but their questions look like self-made (or maybe people get such questions in the UK I do not know) and nothing like the real questions in Poland. So now I am gonna buy atpl question and do their questions too since many people said their questions are more similar to the EASA ones. Since I would prefer not getting so many unknown questions on some harder exams that require memorizing and not calculating like gen nav, planning, performance or mass and balance.

PS. Just started ATPL questions, found out they got like 2 questions in their bank from the new ones I got on my exams. When training for human performance I noticed they miss a lot of anatomy questions that Aviation Exam got, are those questions removed or reduced and I just didn't get the info about it or is it just a lacking data bank. But maybe combining Aviation Exam and ATPL questions its possible to get 75 % known questions on the exam.

Last edited by KT1988; 14th Mar 2019 at 12:11.