PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skywest New Logo - what do you think!?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2003, 05:52
tightcannon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess the one thing everybody forgets is that even though WA is percieved to be full of anal retentive pax who never travel anywhere the rality is quite different. Western Australians will not travel in a product that they dont know. Dash 8's maybe with QF but SAAB's SWORD ME. Why does everybody go on about the bloody SAAB. Imagine having a load of 35 pax in Laverton or further north putting up with a SAAB in January all the way to Perth, I guess those of you who think Dubbo or Coff's is a long way should really get a atlas out.
Now as for Skywest back before the war there was this small operation called MMA (Ansett WA) that flew little jet aeroplanes all over the state, yes they were crewed by pilots that looked at life differently than their eastern states cousins but jeeze they made some money. if Skywest get a few more F100's and show some fight then once again WA can have a real airline.
And before any of you get the barb out please just remove Argyle,Newman,Yandi,Paraburdoo, northwestshelf, Burrup,Dampier,Wheatbelt, goldfields, 2FTS, Fishing industry, Australia 2, Rally Australia and the best beaches from your Eastern State budgets and lets us have a lowwing, rear engined jet fleet.