PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA piggyback, keeping it legal
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2019, 19:42
citabria06g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maoraigh1
I have EASA and UK new PPLs. I still have the lifetime licence on which my 61.75 was issued. Is that licence now invalid? It was a lifetime JAR number licence replacing a 1987 lifetime ICAO UK Licence, when I notified the CAA of an address change when I retired.
UK.PP######J/A dated 20/03/2008, (issued on basis of PPL(A), different ######, issued 24/4/1987) on which my 61.75 was issued.
I assume I'll need another CAA validation, but will wait at least until 30/3/2019 to see what new situations transpire.
As mentioned above, your 61.75 is now invalid because your JAR licence expired/was withdrawn the moment your EASA licence starting GBR.FCL was issued. You need a new verification - up to September last year, this could have been accomplished entirely in the UK:

UK CAA -- FAA certificates for UK licences

The irony of it is that many folks, having paid for the privilege of jumping through this paperwork hoop, may end up paying again after 29 March

As custardpsc wrote, your European SEP(land) need not be current (=revalidated), the only thing that counts in FAA-land is the flight review. Also, the requirements for recurring differences training on non-SEPs in FCL.710 do not apply.