PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit - UK CAA or transfer licence...
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2019, 16:17
GAPilot261087

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brexit - UK CAA or transfer licence...

As I am sure many of my fellow UK members will be aware, the impending doom and gloom of Brexit is getting uncomfortably close with no real answers to what is going to happen to the UK CAA in the event of a hard Brexit with regard to EASA membership and the ability for UK ATPL's to be recognised by EASA operators.

My understanding is that the UK will continue to recognise EASA ATPL's after Brexit however EASA has not given any indication on wether it will accept UK licences really.

I will hopefully have my ATPL's finished by the end of September under the UK authority but I am considering transfering the results and my Class 1 to the IAA and completing the rest of my training under the Irish authority. The benefits at this stage appear to be that if it does go balls up for the UK, then you will still have an EASA recognised licence which covers more airlines recruitment requirements. There is also the option to transfer it back to the UK CAA should you get a job with a UK carrier such as BA or Loganair etc whereas you may not be able to transfer a UK licence after long to EASA. Best of both it seems this way.

Has anyone else been thinking the same ?

The lack of clarity in this sector has been astonishingly poor.