PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help, I would like to obtain a PPL licence
Old 11th Mar 2019, 19:45
Thomas84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TOO,
Thanks for your feedback. So your situation at the age of 33 looks alot like mine (for the flying part).I guess I would approach it the same way u used to do it back then. As you say, who knows where it will take me in the future. Thanks for sharing your experience/thoughts.

Capt Kremmen.
The 2 clubs around my corner just don't offer any gliding courses. The nearest club would be a 50 minute drive from where I live. I would still prefer a PPL licence as it would offer me more opportunities at a later stage in my humble opinion.

Jan Olieslagers,
1) Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. It might serve me well if one day I would need it for an ELP rating. I guess every day is a learning day. "Bear" minimum (bare minimum) point taken. Maybe I could teach you that "dreamt" is more common in Britain, while "dreamed" is more common in other English- speaking countries. License (American English), licence (British English).

2) Agree on the lapl license/licence ;-). For the reasons you mentioned earlier I would prefer a PPL rating.

Jhieminga,
Point taken on the expensive hobby part. I am aware there is more to it than just the flying and instructing part. Minimum hours, vs the hours I require, medical, theory books, examination,...

Thanks for sharing your view/experience on the flying part. Helpfull.

Regards.