PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 11th Mar 2019, 16:52
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by S-Works
You will be surprised (although not others on this thread) of the information thats in the hands of the AAIB and CAA enforcements regarding this whole horrible mess. It was not a private flight in any shape or form, its was a purely commercial arrangement and the evidence is in the hands of the right people now. Its going to be an interesting couple of months coming up on this I think.
….interesting how? This exactly demonstrates why this mess (and you are quite right it is a mess) will merely reflect inwardly at Gatwick. First of all CAA enforcements are going to do what exactly? stick pins in a straw effigy? We probably all agree the situation that relates to this flight, we will probably read about it a year later from the Branch and in the meantime the pilot will clearly be the scapegoat by anyone investigating, which would need to be the police because unless they have some other interest in aviation the CAA are going to enforce what exactly? A football club, football agent are affected how? They probably wouldn't even respond to the voicemail.

Yet I suspect anyone else not involved in this accident might simply quote the CAA's own guidance in defence of similar actions. You can read them in CAP1590 and this summary here:-
https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviati...aring-flights/

I'm not sure who is sat around the table when these things get written but they are not the sharpest. Just see if you can spot the utter muddle in this and do you think that brighter minds might somehow manage to create a structure that sees the items included in Annual costs get rolled into the rental fee that suddenly become Direct costs.. or indeed if you rent an aircraft from a flying club their rental fee includes elements of annual costs? What happens if the flying club aircraft is owned by the pilot? and so on... You hit the nail on the head it is a mess and an entirely predictable one. That is causes a huge number of accidents I don't think it does but having had a high profile accident the nonsense of the situation is now of focus.

=leftDirect costs means the costs directly incurred in relation to a flight (e.g. fuel, airfield charges, rental fee for an aircraft). There can be no element of profit.=leftAnnual costs which cannot be included in the cost sharing are the cost of keeping, maintaining, insuring and operating the aircraft over a period of one calendar year. There can be no element of profit.