PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster Sheffield-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2019, 11:36
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Lazy / incompetent journalists (delete which not applicable!) often use the word "hub" to describe anything but - often spokes. Great news for DSA though, and right under the noses of the country's principal cargo airport - EMA. One in the eye for MAG!
Agreed , there was a poster on the EMA forum admitting and also bemoaning how DSA ( how one can say this about an airport having one dual carriageway and a a motorway ( though sadly a section famous for all the wrong reasons ), anyway he said DSA Is better connected ( maybe it is with the proposed rail terminal), I mean the new ' HS2 ' goes right under the Airport terminal at EMA. How they didn't secure a subterranean rail stop is beyond me .

But I digress , anyway the poster having praised DSA he said it had a better catchment than EMA but kept ' Poaching , Eg TUI, I think he meant 'Lomghaul' , from under the airport's nose.

It would be nice for a ' standard carrier ' like a loco to serve DSA, plus a few Niche routes .
And I understand reading the latest ' Routes shop ' DSA is still chasing ABZ and Dubai.
( The latter easily now servable by Wizzair ).

But as they say onwards and upwards , I'm.still hoping we are getting a ' Based aircraft ,that article was more of a press release.'.