Thread: Anti Vaxxers
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2019, 04:07
double_barrel

Originally Posted by Stan Woolley View Post

You may be content to have your kids filled up with dodgy s-it but I suspect others would not. The lack of oversight of the pharma industry combined with the huge amounts of money given to politicians and doctors, combined with the silencing of dissent ought to make any sensible person raise their eyebrows.

Born in the uk, I grew up in Africa and became a pilot travelling mainly in Europe but sometimes long haul, living in the Far East for a while too. I would guess I have had a dozen vaccinations in my life, Iím 58.

Whats causing the alarming rise in things like asthma, adhd, autism etc? They havenít a scoobie, yet they are talking about introducing mandatory vaccinations in the uk. The body deals with diseases naturally in the majority of cases, kids that eat dirt and play outside get natural Immunization, creating protection against future threats. The media has us scared of every possible thing, from cancer to tumours to strokes. Mass vaccination for every possibility is not necessary. Itís a scam, a dangerous one!

Very strange. You set-up a possible, imagined, increase in 'asthma, adhd, autism' against a KNOWN millions of lives saved and entire killer diseases eliminated. Even if there really is an increase in those things, why blame it on a benign, life-saving and natural process like immunization, rather than all the other huge changes in our environment in the last few 100 years?

If you had any understanding of immunology you would know how mad it is to say that a vaccine is more dangerous than the pathogen it is intended to protect against, or that 10 or 20 or a 100 vaccines somehow represent an abnormal exposure. Your immune system detects and responds to millions of antigens over your life. We live in a sea of natural antigens. These are derived from all sorts of stuff you randomly encounter, including bits of pathogens, chewed-up by the immune system and 'presented' in combination with ultra variable factors in the host. A vaccine is simply one or a few such antigens (in the case of modern vaccines) or killed or weakened pathogens (in the case of last generation vaccines).

Vaccines have without any doubt made a massive contribution to improving human health. They use the body's own natural method of immunity, they just show it a harmless bit of a potentially lethal bug to prime it to respond faster next time it is encountered. A bit like showing a sniffer dog a bit of clothing from their target, it just activates an existing natural system with one more specific target.