PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2019, 20:39
Warren Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read this in another place today.

It is worthy of note, that the UK's top fast jet test pilot, with thousands of hours on Hunters, and still current on them, had a "mishap" while he was "proving the escape manoeuvre" that he and those on the ground were lucky to get away with.

This alleged lapse of judgement, occurred during a low height loop with flap, which had a premeditated escape aileron roll just after the apex, at a similar height and speed as the Shoreham accident aircraft. He made a cognitive error and pulled through at max alpha and bottomed out around 200ft. If he had done this during the pressure altitude of that fateful day, it has been suggested that he would not have been here to tell the tale.

Not only does this prove that even the finest pilots suffer HF mistakes, it is alleged that both the AAIB and an individual involved in this purposefully withheld this information, until it was forced out of them by a whistle blower after the pre-trial hearing.

Remember we are all here for the grace of God, and we are only human.
Now, as for the provenance of this claim, I'm keen to see that made public. I'm also keen to see an explanation for it having been suppressed. Like many others on here, I know people who know Andy Hill, in the display circus and in the airline world. Poles apart describes the ways in which he is described by each group.

My own desire is for the truth to emerge. Have the public been denied the opportunity to see Andy Hill get a fair trial? Has it denied the familes the chance to see justice done for the victims?

This new "information" makes it look that way.