PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have We Forgotten Our Command Responsibilities?
Old 10th Mar 2019, 00:23
The Bullwinkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer another post, yes it is an Australian operator and yes low fuel caution lights are acceptable. Supposedly the manufacturer got it wrong.
Yep, what a knob who said that!
Apparently it can be changed with the flick of a switch and I told him when you flick that switch then we can talk some more, but in the meantime, if I keep getting flight plans that have me arriving with 1900 kgs (the trigger for the “Low fuel” on the 737), I will keep copies of those flight plans which can then be used as evidence that we are being planned into a non-normal situation. (Illumination of Low fuel requires a QRH checklist)

And as for the Captain who is renowned for regularly getting around on minimum fuel, thinking that he’s saving the company money, here’s some food for thought.

I carry about a tonne above flight plan between say Melbourne and Sydney with a delta burn cost to the company of around $60.
The fuel saving Captain on the other hand has such a bad reputation for taking bare minimum fuel that his rostered F.O.’s won’t even turn up for work so the company has to draft F.O.’s which costs around $700.