PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay discrimination in ATC
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2019, 20:25
bluewolf_85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LookingForAJob I object to your view simply because I think that you are somehow trying to make something that is discriminatory sound like it is normal, nevertheless we all have different views and eventually I respect all views.
Marriage allowances are very normal in many jobs, even among us the local controller, married employees get paid an allowance for being married, while others that are not married, like myself, do not have that. But that is not, by any means, comparable to the situation that I am talking about. I am aware that a lot of countries impose income tax on their citizens income wherever in the world they work at, and still I do not see the relevance between that and the astronomical difference in pay between local and foreign ATCOs. Things like that would make the difference between pays reasonably more in one type than the other, but when the difference is unreasonably enormous in the same working environment and same job, that elevates the reason for that difference to a whole new level. If I, for example, lets say go to work in a job in the UK and do the same job in a workplace with the locals in there, I would never, ever, get paid more than them, and we all not that. I don't have the problem that, because the way I see it I do not earn the right to be paid more and have more worth than the people that are actually from there. Also, organizations in there could value their local work force and invest in human factor pretty well, and I really admire that.
The situation in Bahrain could be discriminatory due to political reasons, or could be that foreigners need more pay because of their expenses mentioned above, at the end of the day every person has their own opinion.
And I agree with you that Air traffic control is a global business and I can "pack my bags" anytime I find an opportunity and go somewhere else.