PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2019, 10:22
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
The 737-800 and Max are not the most perfect replacement for the 757 at BRS but TOM have decided that's the way they are going with fleet wide commonality.
TUI has had a couple of B737-800s based at BRS alongside the two B757s each summer for a few years now. The 737s have not been restricted to the shorter routes either. Last summer for instance they operated to the likes of Hurghada, Cyprus, Greek Islands and the Canaries. Summer 2019 will see four 737-800s with the B787-8 serving the airport for five days each week and six routes, three of which are short haul. Last summer it was there for four days with four routes, all long haul (well, one was Sal which might not be considered truly long haul).

In terms of the B737-800 or MAX 8 not being the most perfect replacement for the 757 at BRS, do you mean operationally or comercially given the loss of seats brought about by replacing 757s with 737-800s or 737 MAX 8s if and when the latter arrive at BRS in the future? If operationally, have there been problems with the TUI 737s operating out of BRS (Ryanair has a substantial presence too of course). I have no technical knowledge although I thought I read something about the 737-800 brakes on shorter runways.

This is a genuine question by someone still keen to learn.