PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Branson on the Beeb BA Bashing
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2003, 06:37
PH-UKU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It breaks my heart to see these ac grounded. I had the opportunity to bid farewell on frequency way up in the frozen north but it has left a bad sad taste in the mouth.

IMHO BAW's attitude stinks throught all this.

I don't want to piss on anyone's party, but from a personal point of view, the flight in and out of Edinburgh is fine, but please what extra effort would it really have taken to do a fly past at Glasgow (and Prestwick) ? Considering Concorde orbited three times at Dunblane (because the pilot lives there), it does seem rather self-indulgent when there were many aviation pros and punters out there at Glasgow desparately keen for a last glimpse. And considering she had to hold at Ockham to await the join up, an extra 10 mins round Central Scotland would have made a LOT of people very happy.

But, we are told, BAW said 'No'. Kind of sums up your attitude to us up here doesn't it ? Dobbers!!

If that is the case you should hang your collective heads in shame for having such a self-indulgent elitist final party. Concorde belonged to us all, not just the 'privileged few' in the south-east. May you burn in hell and may the reheat of perdition burn your buttox.

However, you have a slim chance of redeeming yourselves if from your ivory tower you deem to give an ac to East Fortune museum. Why oh why do give them to Barbados (rich geeks) and USA (who objected so vehemently in the first place that it screwed up all the potential airline orders)?

EVER THINK ABOUT LOOKING AFTER YOUR FRIENDS AT HOME DOBBERS !!