PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2019, 22:47
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all, I’m no expert in low level display flying, and it’s been a good 20 years since I was last sat in a seat that went bang.
With whats being said, I have to ask myself what did some of you want/expect from the criminal case? It seems abundantly clear to me that for some nothing short of a hung drawn and quartered outcome will suffice.
Is this really the way you want this resolved? I don’t know AH personally, I’ve never come across him in civvy or mil life, but what is obvious to me is no punishment meted out by the victims families or the courts would even come close to his own personal hell.
We have all at some point been in a position to fall foul of physiology and physics, we are all imperfect and yes...we make mistakes.
The criminal process might be flawed but it is the process you all live by, if you can’t accept that then by all means get it changed.
Trying to prove gross negligence was the CPS playing the blame game when really we need to be in the prevention game, moreover I suspect that some of you would have preferred AH to have perished along with the 11 other unfortunate souls that day to make it a lot simpler and cleaner to apportion responsibility