PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2019, 19:52
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
A few have posted that Hill has to live with the thoughts of those he killed for the rest of his life. Well I don’t give two hoots about that, it is the families of those that perished that I truly feel sorry for as they will have equally long lives to remember those poor people.

I also think the Law is an ass in these types of instances - prosecution seems so very rare when it is quite obvious that they have negligently done things. So it seems you can arrive too low, fly a bent loop without making your gate height and then wipe out 11 souls and injure others on a main road. You can also knock off a trooper’s head with with the ramp and antenna of your transport aircraft and also get away with it. Or you can break someone’s back and injure others whilst you fiddle with your seat and your camera jams the controls, then apparently try to cover it up, and then be acquitted. But only if you fly a helicopter recklessly and kill your co-pilot, crewman and one of your Army passengers can you expect to be prosecuted. If the helicopter pilot had claimed “cognitive impairment” in the last seconds would he have got away with it?

Whilst I agree that the Law was upheld today, I fear that Justice was not. I look forward to reading what the Coroner finds.