PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Actions upon a Pan/Mayday
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2019, 19:46
tescoapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the pilot says defines nothing to do with the response to the level. Basically as soon as you mention anything then the response is utterly nothing that you can control.

I have requested descent been refused then declared to get down to fl100 cancelled, down at fl100 for another 1:30 then been met by a 747 worth of water and ambulance for 9 souls on board.

For the next 5 days after that had numerous requests from various government bodies asking about said emergency. How the hell they got my number I don't know.

My reply of it wasn't an emergency and please contact the satco of xyz airfield for the reason why you pissed 20k of overtime up the spout plus left half of Highland region without fire cover due every engine heading south to deal with a 747 that couldn't fit on the runway at Min dry weight anyway for a crappy tp.

You would have thought that if an aircraft has flown past Manchester, Edinburgh, Prestwick, Glasgow. It's not going to need afs, full local services, 20 ambulance and multiple local fs. But a swift controller seemed to think it was required.

But as soon as controller knows there is an issue the pilot can say what they like the response level is completely outside thier control.

Go into Man with a donk shut down on a pan and you get asked do you want anything? Answer No, And it's a normal taxi in no blues and twos, not even a follow me to the stands you have zero clue about if you normally park in the caldsack.