PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain on a King Air 350 or First Officer on an A320
Old 8th Mar 2019, 17:44
DDobinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure how old you are or your background etc. Or what both packages offer. But I would 100% go for the airbus.

It gives you so many options down the road if you wanted to move to long haul and so much more security and flexibility as to where you want to live etc etc. Airbus ratings are like gold.

When I initially started out my flying training, I did not want a jet job and had dreams of becoming this amazing turbo prop pilot. In the end I gained my ATPL right at the start of a recession and the only job available was on a jet. But this has made me much more employable.

I genuinally feel like you have to look at longevity, sure airline flying is probably more boring than flying a King Air around, but I imagine the fun will fade after years of doing either. Not to mention the higher risk factor of flying single pilot. That aside, maybe I’m wrong but I feel an airline would generally be able to offer a better work/home life balance.