PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2019, 16:08
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
lberto Martin, CEO of LLA, said: “The diversity in destinations that we offer is just one reason why more passengers are choosing to travel from LLA, both for business and leisure. Since the opening of our newly upgraded terminal, our passengers have been able to experience a more comfortable journey thanks to the addition of new shops and restaurants, more seats, and new boarding gates.”
Leaving aside the 'more comfortable journey' ... I suggest that the reason more people are travelling through LTN is that they live in the catchment area and the price is right. If the price is no longer right - they won't go. There are some destinations that I should like to go to but they are served by STN or LGW and both are long car journeys for me around the M25 so I don't use them. I find other ways and use LTN and LHR as they are very close by. I have said here before that some prices from BHX are very good - but the cost/time of getting there is too great and the balance returns to the local field. But I'm sure the CEO knows what he is talking about.