PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian Air Strikes in Pakistan
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2019, 14:10
Lonewolf_50

Received 415 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by denlopviper
So official claims are 2 fighters shot down by PAF. 1 mig21 and 1 Su30.
Got it so far.
Since there is a 2nd alive pilot held by the Pakistan army which would mean it was either a 2 seat mig 21 or 2 fighters shot down.
I wasn't aware of 2 seat Mig 21's, but I guess you have to train the pilots somehow.
India claims 1 F16 which cant be proven as the inventory if the PAF has not changed.
Political hot air, or a case of "initial reports are often wrong" problem?
Unofficially, no loss to the PAF. 3 fighters shot down plus 1 Mi-17 which is now slowly being acknowledged as a fratricide by India during the PAF strike.
Ah, blue on blue. (India perspective).
Also the the 2nd pilot being held is neither Indian nor Pakistani. The existence of the captured enemy pilot is being acknowledged officially by the government of Pakistan. However the identity has not been revealed. The sudden deployment of long range systems pointing west by Pakistan, the THAAD to Israel plus the unofficial sources claim of the pilot being a Israeli are an interesting twist
OK, this may take a bit more digging. I am reading from you that there are assertions of an Israeli pilot, flying for (or from within) India during a cross border strike into Pakistan. Or .... an observer in a two seat jet? Or WTF?
I have no idea how to parse your points on the Long Range and THAAD thing.
I thus ask:
Are you saying that Pakistan THAAD is now being "pointed" at Israel due to a belief that a strike from Israel is pending, or that Israeli THAAD is being moved/Deployed?
Unclear as written.