PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 8th Mar 2019, 11:03
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The McRae licence issue was always going to be difficult to capture because of the nature of licence revalidation and him flying his own aircraft and the accident flight was a private affair effectively with his mate, son and his best friend. Utterly tragic and capturing those things almost needs a wife/father/mother to be given a heads up on the details to keep you safe and they can nag at you if dates pass etc.

Yet if the CAA were truly concerned just how hard did they need to look?? post 971

Council Van & SND=left
Exactly the point I’m making.The PA46 flight was not a one off.=left
Look at the September 2018 newsletter for the Jersey Aero Club.They had a presence at Air Expo 2018, look what they say about Wingly, “ it’s basic principle is to unite Pilots with people who wish to travel and the conveyance of Cats and Dogs”=left
Please don’t suggest that this is done for free.=left
The tip of the iceberg has started to melt.
As a for example and one assumes that this post reflects the posters contact with the CAA
Or the bloke on the Wingly site offering lunch at various different Gloucestershire hotels in his R22 at prices that mean he's more than covering his flying costs. His picture of him all dressed up in 4 stripes made me a touch queasy.=left
=left
VeeAny and I had quite a run in with Wingly a couple of years ago. They seem to have done no risk assessments for their involvement, when someone gets hurt I'd really love to see a Wingly director in the dock explaining the company's attitude..=left
=left
The fact that you can now "request a flight" on their site, or buy a gift card tells me that they've moved right into AOC charter territory, without any of the several levels of compliance, risk assessment, training, or experience those of us involved in AOC ops are subject to.=left
=left
From rumblings I've heard this week I believe that the Belgrano is stirring as one or two AOC operators have kicked the beast within, really quite hard.=left
=left
SND
I have to say how those at the CAA can claim in March 2019 that they have suddenly become aware of something that they themselves published guidance upon as recently as August 2018 goodness knows. Fly a single seater!