PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Mar 2019, 20:34
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theboeingpilot

thsbks for info, I was thinking more along the lines of the furniture and moving costs that Emirates provide for you to get set up in your new place, I’m wondering will that be paid to you in Qatar if your given company accommodation with all the essential furniture/white goods or is there an option to not take there furniture etc as per Emirates?
There’s a Cargo allowance when you join... off the top of my head it was something like 150kg per person up to max of 3 (so max 450kg) then a slightly enhanced Check-in luggage allowance on your joining flight. Whether you choose to use the allowances is up to you - there’s no monetary value or advance payment required.

As far as I know... there’s no option to remove or take company accommodation unfurnished... maybe you can have a conversation with the housing department or your HR joining coordinator to confirm. I do know of folk who have either entirely remodified their Villas/Apartments to their own liking (these tend to be people who intend to stay in their places long term) and I know of someone else who just wanted to change a couple of things e.g the beds... so put them in some kind of storage or a spare room. Whether everything would have to put back in place as they found it if/when someone leaves who knows... in the first case I think it would take too much work anyway and because these folk have stayed in their places so long... I believe they would be prepared to take the hit if they had to.