PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flight School in Southern England? PPL > Modular Training
Old 7th Mar 2019, 20:33
MrOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Flight School in Southern England? PPL > Modular Training

I live in the Southampton area and am looking to go down the modular route to obtaining my ATPL. I'm currently looking at which flight school to study my PPL with. Aside from quality of instruction, the other important point to me is the availability of training aircraft and instructors at the weekends. As I work Monday to Friday, I'm hoping for a flight school where I can sit the required training at the weekends (and perhaps the occasional weekday when I have time off) and hopefully obtain my PPL within around a year. I'm hoping my expectations are realistic. I'm assuming flight schools with a tarmac runway are probably a better choice as I won't need to worry about water-logged fields. So far, the flight schools I think I should start with looking at are:
  • Bliss Aviation at Bournemouth Airport
  • Phoenix Aviation at Lee-on-the-Solent
  • Hampshire Aeroplane Club at Lee-on-the-Solent
Has anyone got any comments on these schools, or have I not considered any that are worth a look? Also, is there anything else I should be considering when looking at a flight school for my PPL? Thank you in advance!