PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2019, 17:34
panpanpanpan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit I find it surprising they're reducing the STN. I thought it has always been a strong performer but maybe not enough for MOL!

I think EIEIDW has it about right, the cut price deal has ended and there are other areas where more cash can be made. Was this not similar to the way they behaved with Harbour? Stay for a while then huff and puff, blame something for them leaving and within a few weeks they're gone. It must be difficult for any airport to build a business around Ryanair, how on earth could you make any long term infrastructure plans and budgets knowing that these guys will simply disappear at any stage? I'm sure Easyjet will be glad to see them go, it was bound to be eating into their margins while they were thee.

Maybe they'll get a new deal back at Harbour and make an appearance there again for a few seasons!

Must get the popcorn ready. I'm sure the BFS management are drafting a statement now regrading the reduction. Something along the lines of -"We are glad to see the back of these moronic a$$holes, they were just cluttering the ramp and making our security busy." Hopefully this time someone will actually proof read the statement BEFORE releasing it??