PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 7th Mar 2019, 15:50
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronus
Very well put by What Next.

What sort of a legacy for those left behind is the one that reverberates for me from another PA46 accident that occurred many years ago, took six lives, and a trail of devastation in its wake. It had many similarities to this one.

To say it is meaningless is abject naivety. Piloting aircraft is first and foremost about judgment, if that is no longer required, the quicker we get computers and electronic wizardry to do it the better for us all.
We are in furious agreement about judgement and the general wisdom of accident reporting but I don't agree that taking several years to produce a report that suggests flying an aircraft beyond your ratings, attempting a VFR flight in IMC or flight in an aircraft that holds a number of unfamiliar pieces of kit adds hugely to the value of that which could already be read from the vast library of existing reports. And I'm pretty certain that a near 4000hr pilot is likely to know the hazards, the reason why he couldn't be bothered to take heed / come to his senses is a human factor - the likes of which are actually very rarely investigated fully because at some point there surely becomes a fine line to tread with regard blame...