PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 767 down/Texas
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2019, 18:35
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PJ2
CONSO, this indicates a "proposed" rule-making. Was the AD actually published and is it in force today? Tx.
I'm sure those more familiar with proposed versus final AD, and how to trace can find or give a definitive answer- especially on this forum. I posted it for a link to related information on 767 horiz stab jackscrew and the mention of ballscrew versus MD " NUT" issues.

I have found a bit further related information at

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...-767-airplanes

and I'll let the experts- and those most familiar with either maintainance records of a given airframe follow up with links if possible to factual data on that 767.
FWIW-around 1982 I had a small task to quickly make a manufacturing ' tool ' to drive the 767 horiz stabilizer during factory checkout before installation of any electrical or hydraulics. I was able to use a piece of 1/4 inch airhose, two screw band type clamps , one on hose over drive spline and one on hose over a 1/8 socket attached to a a low speed 1/4 hp air nutrunner. That kluge was used for a few months until a nicely fitting female match to the spline drive was made attached to a low speed nut runner to move the stabilizer thru its full motions after mounting and basic installation. Of course with no air-loads it was VERY easy and required very little torque. Sort of like your car steering wheel with front wheels off ground- which also uses a ball screw- jack type mechanism.